The following are tasty recipes that go perfectly with your Drink & Shrink!
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 3 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3/4 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided and shredded
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 (3 oz) jar of your favorite pesto
- Turn on broiler to high. Place bell peppers under broiler and broil from 5 minutes on each side until skin blisters and begins to turn black.
- Remove peppers from oven, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the shredded chicken with shredded cheese, the pesto and the cooked quinoa. Toss to coat.
- Once peppers are cool enough to handle, slice in half and remove membranes and seeds. Add a heaping 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture to each pepper and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Goat Cheese and Marinara
- 4 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 5- ounce log goat cheese
- 1-2 cups marinara sauce
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven or grill to 400F.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, leaving the zucchini hollowed out. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and place on baking sheet.
- Using half of goat cheese, spread a small amount in the bottom of each zucchini. Spoon marinara sauce on top, then dot with remaining goat cheese.
- Grill or bake until goat cheese is soft and marinara is bubbling, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.